Pages

Saturday 6 February 2010

Introducing cultural content in language learning

This week we are starting a new subject on English language: English language and culture. You know that learning a language means learning its culture too and that's why I love this new subject.
So, why not reviewing how much we know about some geographical aspects?






And what about this one? Can you locate these cities in the UK?




Find more Hot Potatoes activities on English culture here


Thanks to Manuel Rivera who showed me these activities and taught me how to embed Hot Potatoes activities on blogs.

3 comments:

concha said...

It's very interesting.Can I posted in my blog?How?
Thanks

Gemma Tur Ferrer said...

Dear Concha,

It's really easy to embed a Hot Potatoes on your blog.

Copy the following code, and where it says URL write the URL of the hot potatoes activity that you want to post on your blog:

<... src="URL OF THE ACTIVITY YOU WANT TO EMBED" width="500" frameborder="0" height="600" scrolling="auto">

You may need to change the size of the activity. Play with the sizes 500 and 600 until you find the perfect size for your blog template.

I hope this helps you! tell me more if you need more help!

Good luck!

Gemma

Gemma Tur Ferrer said...

Concha,

Please replace the ellipsis at the begining and at the end of the sentence with the following word: iframe

Gemma